11 Factors affecting For Selection of Type of Bridge25th February 2019
Factors affecting For Selection of Type of Bridge
The choice of type of a bridge generally depends upon the following factors:
- The nature and bed conditions of river or stream.
- The nature and volume of traffic to be carried.
- Whether navigation is done in the river or not.
- Hydraulic data collected at the site.
- The climatic condition of the area.
- The length and width of the bridge to be constructed.
- The geological conditions of the site.
- Physical features of the site.
- The live load and other loads, for which the bridge is to be designed.
- Availability of labour.
- Strategic and economic consideration.