Bamboo Flooring Pros and Cons
Day by day the popularity of bamboo flooring is increasing as an alternative to the hardwood flooring. The growth of bamboo plants requires less time as compared to hardwood trees.
Who doesn’t want his floor to be beautiful and eco-friendly? In that case, bamboo flooring fulfils all the requirements easily, and also their maintenance work is very easy. But the price is somewhat the same for both bamboo and hardwood flooring.
Bamboo is not a tree. Actually, it is one type of grass, and it is the tallest grass in the world. It may be 130 to 150 ft long. This type of bamboo is called Giant Bamboo. But it is not the regular height of the bamboo. Usually, its height is in between 15 ft to 75 ft. Although, their height and diameter vary from place to place.
Read Also: Mud Flooring
Bamboo Flooring Pros
Following are the 8 advantages or pros of the bamboo flooring:
1. Bamboo is a very strong material. And, also their strength is more as compared to steel. They can withstand more compressive as well as tensile stress than steel.
2. Bamboo is widely available material. Now it is also available in the online market places. You do not need to go anywhere to order bamboo flooring planks, you can easily place your order from your home by using a smartphone.
3. Bamboo floors are eco-friendly and durable.
4. Bamboo flooring is attractive in appearance. It gives a beautiful look after lamination.
5. It can be used as an alternative to hardwood flooring. So, it can be used where the hardwood is not widely available.
6. Bamboo flooring is available various in colour and styles. So, it will help you to make your house floor as you want.
7. The installation process of bamboo flooring is very easy. No skilled labour is required. You can also install it yourself. It is very easy to cut to any required size and shape.
8. It is very easy to clean.
Bamboo Flooring Cons
Following are the Disadvantages or cons of the bamboo flooring:
1. Bamboo flooring is not suitable for every room, it can not be used in the bathroom and kitchen.
2. It may absorb moisture during rainy seasons and may get easily decayed due to the moisture absorption.
3. It is easily spoiled by fungi and insects.