Relation Between Void Ratio, Water Content, Degree of Saturation & Specific Gravity
In this article, we will make a formula or equation or relation between void ratio(e), water content(w), degree of saturation() and specific gravity(G).
- = Weight of soil solid in a given soil mass.
- = Weight of water.
- = Volume of soil solid in a given soil mass.
- = Volume of water present in the given soil mass.
- = Unit weight of soil solids or density of solids.
- = Unit weight of water or density of water.
By definition of water content, we can write,
[ We know, ]
[ We know, and ]
By the definition of void ratio, we have,
Relation Between Porosity and Void Ratio
Relation Between Dry unit Weight, Bulk unit Weight & Water Content