Site Selection For Diversion Headwork15th September 2017
Site Selection For Diversion Headwork
1. The river section at the site should be narrow and well-defined.
2. The elevation of the site should be higher than the area to be irrigated for gravity flow.
3. The site should be such that the wire and barrage can be aligned at right angles to the direction of flow in the river.
4. The diversion headworks should not submerge. Valuable land and property on its upstream site.
5. The site should provide a good foundation for the construction of weir and barrage.
6. The required materials of construction should be available near the site.
7. The site should be easily accessible by road or rail.
8. The overall cost of the project should be minimum.