Prevention of Creep of Rails
Following are the common methods adopted to prevent creep
1. When creep is distinctly visible, the best remedy is to pull back the rails to their original position by means of crowbars.
2. The creep of rail can be prevented by the use of anchors and sufficient crib ballast.
3. The creep of the track can be prevented by the use of steel sleepers which provide a good grip.
4. Increase in the number of sleepers per rail length helps to prevent creep.
5. Provision of a good drainage system and efficient maintenance of the track helps in minimizing the creep of rails.