9 Effects of Dampness22nd April 2019
9 Effects of Dampness
Following 9 harmful effects of dampness are:
1. The materials used in the construction of a building are seriously affected by dampness.
2. The plaster becomes softened and may crumble due to dampness.
3. Unpleasant white patches are formed on the damp surface.
4. The appearance of distemper is badly affected by dampness.
5. Timber may decay, warp and buckle due to dampness.
6. The metallic fittings may corrode.
7. The electrical fittings may get damaged.
8. Dampness promotes the growth of termites and mosquitoes breeding.
9. Dam building creates unhealthy conditions for occupants.