Factors Affecting the Adoption of a Particular Gauge26th October 2018
Factor Affecting Adoption of a Particular Gauge
The following factors govern the choice of a different(particular) gauges:
1. Cost of construction and funds available for the railway project.
2. Volume and nature of traffic.
3. The intensity of population.
4. Industrial and commercial development of the locality.
5. Prospects of future development of the area.
6. Topographical and geological features of the country.
7. Speed of movement required.