Objects of Road Side Development and Arboriculture
Roadside development and arboriculture are undertaken to achieve the following objects/benefits:
1. To provide an attractive landscape of roadside.
2. To provide pleasant views of parking places.
3. To prevent soil erosion from the roadside.
4. To reduce headlight glare during night driving by the planted shrubs.
5. To intercept the annoying sound waves and fumes from road vehicles by the planted trees.
6. It provides shed to the road user.
History of Development of Roads in India
Road Side Development and Arboriculture