Purpose of Providing Railway Station3rd October 2018
A railway station is the selected place on a railway line, where trains are stopped for exchange of passengers, goods and for control of train movements etc.
Purpose of Providing Railway Station
A railway station is provided to achieve one or more of the following purpose:
1. For exchange of passengers and/ or goods.
2. For control of train movements.
3. For the crossing of two trains moving on a single line in the opposite direction.
4. To enable the express train to overtake another train moving ahead on the same line.
5. For taking diesel or coal and water for locomotives.
6. For changing engine and running staff.
7. For detaching or attaching of compartments and wagons.