8 Objects of Foundation21st July 2019
Objects of Foundation
Foundation is provided for the following objects:
1. The foundation helps to distribute the loads(live load and dead load) which comes from the superstructure, on a large area of subsoil, thus the intensity of the loads does not overcome the safe bearing capacity of the soil below the foundation.
2. Foundation increases the stability of the structures against sliding and overturning.
3. The foundation is provided to prevent the effects of structure from some disturbing forces like wind, rain.
4. To prevent lateral movement of the supporting material, in order that safety of the structure isn’t at risk.
5. The foundation distributes the load uniformly on the subsoil, therefore it prevents the unequal settlement of the foundation.
6. To provide a levelled and hard surface, in order to build superstructure over it.
7. It evenly distributes the pore water pressure.
8. To tighten the superstructure firmly with the soil.