5 Advantages of Automatic Signalling System in Railway1st March 2020
5 Advantages of Automatic Signalling System in Railway
At present, automatic signalling system is very popular and secured signalling system in railway. 5 advantages of the automatic signalling system in railway are as follows:
1. Automatic signalling system helps to eliminate errors due to human, which leads to greater safety and efficiency.
2. To operate automatic signals, the number of workers required is less which reduces the operating costs.
3. In this system, any types of signal boxes, instruments and tools are not required which further reduces the costs.
4. Increased efficiency of operations will increase traffic density. This will also result in less number of locomotives and vehicles requirements.
5. Modernization in traction for high speed and heavy loads warrants requires the use of automatic signalling for efficient services.