8 Purpose of Traffic Volume Survey Study
Following are the 8 purposes of traffic volume survey Study:
1. To establish the relative importance of any route or road facility.
2. To plan and design the existing and new facilities of traffic operations on the road.
3. To decide the priority for improvement and expansion of a road and to allow the funds accordingly.
4. To make an analysis of traffic patterns and trends on the road.
5. To do the structural design of pavements and geometrical design of roads by classified traffic volume study.
6. To plan one-way street and other regulatory measures by volume distribution study.
7. To do the design of road intersections, planning signal timings.
8. To do the planning of sidewalks, crosswalks and pedestrian signals.