Choice of The Separate Sewer System
The modern trend is toward the adoption of a separate system. Following arguments are mainly advanced in favour of the adoption of a separate system;
1) The length of the sewer of large diameter is greatly reduced as there are two sets of sewers.
2) The load on the treatment unit is decreased when the separate system is adopted.
3) The natural water is not unnecessarily polluted.
4) This system proves to be economical when pumping is required for the lifting of sewage.
5) The stormwater can be discharged into natural streams without any treatment.
Comparison Between Combined and Separate Sewer System
Partially Separate Sewer System And Their Advantages & Disadvantages