Difference between Natural & Mechanical Ventilation in Tunnel
Tunnel ventilation is a technique, that provides fresh air inside the tunnel and removes dust from the tunnel during and after construction. Following are the 6 difference between natural ventilation and mechanical ventilation in tunnel.
1. Natural ventilation is achieved by providing shaft at a suitable interval along the alignment of tunnels.
2. Natural ventilation is an economical method.
3. This ventilation is suitable when the tunnel length is short and the diameter is large.
4. This ventilation is not suitable or acceptable for long tunnel lenght.
5. It is preferable when the orientation of the tunnel is along the wind direction.
6. It removes dust and smoke slowly from tunnels.
2. This method is costlier as they required to install numerous fans or blowers.
3. This method is suitable for any size of the tunnel, but it is most preferable in case of a long length of tunnel with short diameter.
4. This method is suitable for long length tunnels.
5. This method does not depend on wind direction.
6. This method can quickly remove dust and smoke from the tunnels.