Maintenance of Rolling Stock
The rolling stock includes locomotives, coaches and wagons. The rolling stock must be maintained in perfect order. Following are some important point should care during the process of maintenance.
- The worn-out portions of the rolling stock should be replaced from time to time.
- The various parts of the rolling stock must be washed or cleaned every day.
- The lubrication of all reciprocating parts and bearings should be carried out.
- The axles which have already complete running length 322000 km should be changed by a new one
- Locomotive boilers must be carefully maintained and renewed every 15 years.
- The useful life of a passenger train is considered as 30 years. After 30 years, it is to be dismantled and reassembled, even though it is not worn out.
Facilities Required at Railway Stations || Railway Engineering || civilnoteppt
Facilities Required at Railway Stat...