5 Function Of Storage Reservoir
The storage reservoirs are generally provided in the distribution system to store clear treated water before it is distributed to the consumer.
Following 5 functions of the storage reservoir are:
1. They help the pump to run at a uniform rate.
2. They provide the facility of storage of water to meet the fluctuating demand for water.
3. They maintain constant pressure in the distribution mains.
4. They serve as storage for emergencies.
5. They make the design and construction of treatment units and distribution system economical.