Requirements or Characteristics Of A Good Fine Aggregates
The following are the requirements of good fine aggregate:
- It should consist of coarse, angular, sharp & hard grains.
- A Good Fine Aggregates must be clean & free from coatings of clay and silt.
- It should not contain any organic matter.
- It should be free from hygroscopic salt.
- It should be chemically inert.
- It must be strong and durable.
- The size of its grains should be such that the pass-through 4.75mm I.S sieve & retained entirely on 75 µ I.S sieve.
Requirements Or Characteristics Of A Good Coarse Aggregate
A good coarse aggregate should fulfil the following requirements:
- It should be angular or cubical in shape.
- It must be sound & durable.
- A Good Coarse Aggregate should be absolutely clean and free from any organic matter, chemicals and coating of clay.
- It should be hard and tough.