What is Terracotta?
Terracotta means ”baked earth’‘, it is one types of ceramic materials.
Manufacture of terracotta
- Preparation of clay
Types of Terracotta
- Porous Terracotta
- Polished Terracotta
Advantages of Terracotta
Following are the 6 advantages of terracotta:
- It is a strong and durable material
- It is available in different colours.
- It is not affected by atmospheric agents and acids and is better able to withstand weathering actions than most types of stones.
- It is easily cleaned and moulded in desired shapes.
- It is a fireproof material, therefore, it can be conveniently used with R.C.C works.
- This type of material is light in weight
Disadvantages of Terracotta
- It cannot be fixed during the progress of work.
- Twisting is happened due to unequal shrinkage in drying and burning.
Use of Terracotta
- It is used for all types of ornamental work.
More Details Coming Soon…