Uses of Cofferdams11th April 2020
Uses of Cofferdams
Following are the 8 uses of cofferdams:
1. The cofferdams are used to enclose the workplace for preventing the entry of water into it.
2. To provide a safe water enclosed platform for the workers while working in laying the foundation in water.
3. To provide a space for foundation work without affecting the safe conditions of adjoining structures.
4. To facilitate pile driving operations.
5. To place the raft foundation.
6. To provide space for carrying out the foundation work and superstructure work of concrete dams.`
7. To facilitate construction of foundations for piers and abutments of bridges, locks etc.
8. To lay the grillage foundation.