Uses of Cofferdams
Following are the 8 uses of cofferdams:
1. The cofferdams are used to enclose the workplace for preventing the entry of water into it.
2. To provide a safe water-enclosed platform for the workers while working on laying the foundation in water.
3. To provide a space for foundation work without affecting the safe conditions of adjoining structures.
4. To facilitate pile-driving operations.
5. To place the raft foundation.
6. To provide space for carrying out the foundation work and superstructure work of concrete dams.`
7. To facilitate the construction of foundations for piers and abutments of bridges, locks, etc.
8. To lay the grillage foundation.