8 Importance of Compaction of Soil13th February 2018
8 Importance of Compaction of Soil
The process of compaction changes the characteristics of the soil mass in the following way:
1. Improves the dry density of the sample.
2. Increase the cohesive value of the sample.
3. Increase the angle of internal friction.
4. Improves shear strength of soil mass.
5. Reduces the shrinkage and compressibility.
6. Reduces seepage through the soil mass.
7. Improves bearing capacity.
8. Reduces the chances of the settlement of the structure.