Rules for Roadside Tree planting
The spacing and arrangements of the trees should be such that they do not create any obstruction in the movement of traffic. The general rules or guidelines for spacing and location of trees are as follows:
1. The spacing between two trees in a row along the road should be within 9 m to 12 m.
2. The trees should be planted at least 12 m apart from the centre of the carriageway.
3. If the road is constructed on the embankment, the trees should be planted as possible as high on the sides of the embankment.
4. In the case of water logged area, the trees should be planted on sufficient high ground.
5. In case of metal roads, the trees should be planted in such a way that no water droplets fall on the road from the tree branches.
6. The tree should be planted in such a way that gives better shade on the carriageway throughout the year. That’s why staggered way is most preferable for the planting of trees on the roadside.
7. Trees are planted on both sides of the road.
Object of Roadside Development and Arboriculture
Roadside Development and Arboriculture
Causes of Planting of Tree on Road Sides and Method of Care of Trees